- 30 Amazing Websites for Free Stock and Design Resources
- HTML5 Video: Understanding Compression and DRMDavid Voyles71 sharesIn this tutorial—the second in a series on using Azure Media Services to create and consume HTML5 video—I’ll cover the way we can ingest our content using a video recording tool, as well as ways to encrypt or protect our video so that only viewers with permission can view it. Finally, we’ll cover the differences between a compression codec, a container, and a transport.Read More…
- Semantic HTML: Better Outlining With Sections
- Update: What’s New in Ghost Themes
- Tuts+ for Kids
- HTTP Status Codes in 60 Seconds
- Comprehensive Guide: When to Use Em vs. Rem
- Remix CodePen Challenge: Winners Announced!
- New Course: Building Static Websites With JekyllAndrew Blackman69 sharesIn our new course you’ll learn all about the Jekyll static site generator and build a whole website from scratch in less than two hours. Join Guy Routledge as he walks through the process of building a design portfolio website using Jekyll, Markdown, Liquid templating, Sass, git and hosting with GitHub pages.Read More…
- Jade in 60 Seconds
- Design a Shopify Theme for Handcrafted Goods in Photoshop
- ..in 60 Seconds6 PostsView Learning Guide...
Comprehensively introducing anything in sixty seconds is a tough challenge, but that’s exactly what we’re doing with this series! Each of these videos introduces you to a subject, offering just enough explanation to whet your appetite and get you hooked.
Grab a coffee and see how many of these you can watch during your break!
- Web Design for Kids11 PostsView Learning Guide...
The internet is such an important part of everybody’s lives these days that it’s never too early to start learning web design! In this carefully structured, colorful series, Joni Trythall takes pre-teens through the process of building a simple website. Whether you’re a teacher, a parent, or a kid yourself, you’ll enjoy following Joni as she leads you through Tuts+ Town, learning all about web design along the way!
Also worth taking a look at: the Adobe Photoshop for Kids series over on Tuts+ Design & Illustration.
- LESS: Beyond the Basics6 PostsView Learning Guide...
Preprocessors have become a staple part of the web designer’s diet; LESS being one of the more popular options available. The learning curve for working with preprocessors is nice and gradual, allowing you to use as many or as few of the features as you’re comfortable with. In this series we’re going to turn up the heat. Over the course of several in-depth tutorials we’ll take you from LESS beginner to LESS pro.