This Cyber Monday Envato Tuts+ courses will be reduced to just $3. Don't miss out.
Calling all web design gurus and writers! We're looking for a couple of fresh new contributors to deliver kick-ass content 2-4 times per month. This is a paid gig, so what would be expected of you? Read on to find out!
What We're Looking For
We're looking for quality content! If you're interested in submitting ideas, but don't think you'd be able to commit to the position of staff writer, check out the next section. Ideas are always welcome!
- Rock solid knowledge: Webdesigntuts+ is a highly respected source of information and we expect the same high quality from you.
- Excellent writing skills: You must be comfortable with the English language. We can proof your content but we can’t rewrite everything for you.
- Consistency: Professionalism is key here. We expect you to keep the schedule we’ve agreed upon. Having the skills is one thing, but reliability is equally valuable.
What’s the Pay?
Glad you asked! There's a wide variety of content types which you can submit, but in a nutshell:
- $200 per tutorial
- $75 per Quick Tip
It's worth noting that pay rates can be boosted by proven reliability, exceptional quality, screencasted tutorials etc. In short, demonstrating willingness to go that extra mile. This means that you can easily find yourself earning in excess of $1,000 per month.
How About A One-Off?
That’s fine too – we’re always interested in tutorial and article pitches. Check out our Write For Us page for more information about sending in individual tutorials and articles, or just fire away at our content-pitch form. Repeat authors will always receive preferential publishing status and higher overall article rates, but if you just have one great idea that you want to share, send it our way!
Are You Looking For Any Special Topics?
Yessir! We're always looking to publish content on the bleeding edge of web design techniques, but also foundation theory-based articles too. This month I'm particularly interested in finding some quality content from experienced email template designers.
What we're not interested in is pitches such as "I'd like to write a tutorial about web design". If you have an idea, sell it to us!
Excellent! Where do I Sign Up?
Send an email over to webdesign[at]tutsplus[dot]com, with the following details:
- Your name.
- A short bio about yourself, also listing your strengths and interests in the field of web design.
- A single link to an article/tutorial you've written, or really like.
- Two ideas for tutorials/articles you'd like to write for us.
- Any other relevant work, portfolio pieces, experience.
We won't be able to reply to all submissions, but expect an email very soon if you've made the grade :)