Write for Us
Do you have extensive experience in web design and a passion for teaching? If so, creating tutorials for Webdesigntuts+ could be for you. Webdesigntuts+ is a large, well-respected site, and our authors get a lot of exposure. We pay excellent rates for accepted tutorials and have a great community of knowledgeable authors that you can join creating educational content for Tuts+.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for extensive, detailed, and informative tutorials of the highest quality designed to teach creative skills in a concise and approachable way. These may take the form of written tutorials or screencasts, here are some of the key subjects we cover:
- Complete Website Design Tutorials
- Web Related Graphic Techniques
- Web Design Fundamentals & Design Theory Articles
- Layout Techniques
- Inspirational Roundups (well written, up-to-date, educational collections – not your ordinary “20 Awesome Sites” lists)
- Web Design Trends – What’s New and Hot?
You can get a good idea of what we’re looking for based on what we’ve published already. If you’re not sure whether your idea is suitable, just send us a pitch anyway, along with an introduction and examples of your work — we can always discuss other ideas with you!
Send Us a Pitch
If you’re interested, please take a look at the important information below and read the Author Guide, which details everything from formatting to invoicing. If you’re happy with everything feel free to pitch your idea to us using this form.
You can submit a specific idea for a tutorial, or just introduce yourself and explain what kind of content you’d be best suited to write. There’s no need to submit a complete tutorial, but the more details you include, the better.
We’re looking forward to receiving your pitch!
Other Important Information
Before you submit anything, check that you understand and are happy with all of these points:
- Your tutorial must be your original work and not published elsewhere. Envato will retain the digital publishing rights exclusively.
- You must have a PayPal or MoneyBookers account for us to pay you; this fee will be paid within the first two weeks of the month after your article is published (in USD).
- You will need to format your tutorial using an HTML template that the editor provides.
- Your tutorial may be edited prior to publishing.
- Your editor will send through a simple contract for you to look through and sign, relating to your work as an Envato Author.