Client feedback can be one of the hardest parts of the web design process, often leading to hours of wasted iterations and endless debates. In this short video tutorial, I'll show you how to speed up the process by handling client feedback effectively.
Specifically, I will explain:
- why you should never ask what the client thinks of the design
- which questions you should ask to get more effective feedback
- why and how to focus the client on problems, not solutions
- how to challenge the feedback and dig through to underlying issues
Watch the Tutorial
Watch the Full Course
Getting design approval for a website is a minefield of personal opinion, endless iterations, and frustrating debates. It can undermine profitability, damage client relationships, and demoralise you as the designer.
In the full course, Working With Clients to Get Design Approval, you will learn how to:
- prevent clients focusing on their opinions of a design
- avoid speculative and Frankenstein design
- gather feedback that is actually valuable for improving the design
- avert the endless cycle of iterations
- stop design by committee
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post