Up until recently, all the tutorials on Tuts+ (there are nearly twenty thousand!) had one thing in common: they were all published in English. And that’s strange when you think about it, because our community is nothing if not global.
We often get requests for translations via social channels, email, and in tutorial comments, and we also know that community members are already translating our tutorials so they can share them with their fellow countrymen and women. In response, we’ve launched the Tuts+ Translation Project, to meet the demand and share the hard work of our generous community members.
Now it’s possible for volunteers to translate whichever written tutorials they please. We take the translations, give them the once-over, then publish them so that they’re accessible via the original posts.
Round of Applause
The response has been phenomenal. After a few initial requests via social media, over 60 volunteers have been in touch, publishing almost 200 translations in more than a dozen languages between them!
It’s Yours; Use It
Every written tutorial on the Tuts+ network is open for translation. If you feel you can help others by converting one into your mother tongue, find the link in the sidebar of a post you’ve enjoyed and let us know!
This project does rely on the generous nature of our community members (thank you) though translators are given full credit for their work. In fact, many have said that translating Tuts+ content is the best way to learn, so there’s certainly something to be gained by taking part.
We’re very grateful to all who have volunteered, but a special mention has to go to these three individuals who’ve gone above and beyond in helping out with the project:
- Erick Patrick (Portuguese) 35 translations
- Lourdes Lopez Jimenez (Spanish) 11 translations
- Thoriq Firdaus (Indonesian) 8 translations
We’re continually adding more languages and translations to the network. Here are some of our favourites (with their ISO codes handily noted next to them):
- BG: 100 безплатни екшънa (Actions) за Фотошоп (И как да създадете свои собствени)
- DE: Kleiner Tipp am Rande: Vergiss nicht das Viewport Meta Tag
- ES: Guía de Esquema de Página para Principiantes
- FR: Guide du Débutant pour Associer Vos Polices de Caractères
- HU: A Sikeres Gomb Dizájn Alapjai
- ID: Membangun Sebuah Template Email HTML dari Awal
- PL: Poradnik dla początkujących jak łączyć fonty
- PT: Como Usar VPN em Seu Mac
- RO: Bazele ilustrației comice - Cum să desenăm o față „cartoon” în mod corect
- RU: Инструмент Type в Illustrator: Исчерпывающее введение
- SV: 7 Poserings Tekniker för Helt Vanliga Människor
- TR: Sublime Text’te Nasıl Daha İyi Kod Yazılır?
- ZH-HANS: 30个你必须熟记的CSS选择器
- ZH-HANT: 一個簡單，響應式，流動式導覽
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Web Design tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post