The Manual: Issue 3
For our third issue, we have articles and lessons contributioned by: Paul Soulellis, Tiffani Jones Brown, Nina Stössinger, Duane King, Jeremy Keith, and Ethan Marcotte.
Issue 3 is currently available as a hardback print edition, designed by Jez Burrows. In this issue
- A recovering perfectionist, Paul Soulellis embraces chance and vulnerability, and calls for humility within the design community.
- Tiffani Jones Brown defines passion as a practice, a process, a current.
- Nina Stössinger looks typography in the eye and examines the inglorious, invisible craft of making text work.
- From text to hypertext, Duane King examines the evolution of the reading experience, as well as the opportunity and responsibility that comes with bringing text to life.
- Tracing the history of hypertext, Jeremy Keith examines the power of building connections across an ever-expanding body of knowledge.
- To establish a sense of history and elevate conversation, Ethan Marcotte advocates for learning from our past and acknowledging our influences.
Tuts+ subscribers also receive a $5 discount on any book, eBook or audiobook purchase at http://shop.themanual.org/ (coupon included in ebook zip file download).