The Elementor page builder makes it easy to create great-looking WordPress websites by dragging and dropping elements into place. In this video, you’ll learn how to use the free version of Elementor to make an elegant landing page in minutes.
What is Elementor?
Elementor is a free WordPress website builder. It offers over 80 design elements like buttons, headings, columns, and so on, and over 200 ready-to-use templates. Elementor will help you build anything you want, whether that be a simple landing page, or a fully fledged website, and all with drag-and-drop tools.
How to Build a Landing Page with Elementor
Check out the video for the full tutorial–and don’t forget to subscribe to the Tuts+ Youtube channel for more tutorials and free courses!
Our Elementor Landing Page
During this tutorial we’ll be building the following landing page.
What You’ll Need
All you need to build this page is a WordPress installation with Elementor installed, a basic understanding of how WordPress works, and a spare half an hour. You may also find the resources listed below helpful.
- How to Install WordPressRachel McCollin17 Apr 2020
- How to Create an Elementor Contact Form for WordPressAdi Purdila16 Mar 2021
- How to Create an Elementor Coming Soon Page for WordPressNitish Kumar27 Sep 2022
- Elementor Library
- Template Kits on Envato Elements
- Unsplash Photo 1
- Unsplash Photo 2
- Unsplash Photo 3
What We’ll Cover in this Tutorial
The following timestamps mark useful sections of the tutorial which you may want to revisit later on.
- Introduction: how to add a new Landing Page with Elementor
- Create a new page with Elementor
- Troubleshooting why Elementor styles aren’t applied
- Creating a new Elementor section
- Creating a card layout in Elementor
- How to build the 3rd section
- Using the Elementor social icons widget
- How to make links scroll to Elementor sections
- Checking your responsive landing page layout on different devices
Elementor Landing Page Templates
Envato Elements is home to hundreds of Elementor templates. And you’ll have access to even more templates via the Envato Elements WordPress plugin. Check out this collection of landing page templates for inspiration!
- 16 Elementor Landing Page Templates for WordPress (to Improve Conversion)Eric Karkovack12 Mar 2021
Premium WordPress Themes and Plugins
Once you have your site set up, you’ll want to explore the thousands of WordPress themes on ThemeForest and WordPress plugins on CodeCanyon. Purchase these high-quality WordPress themes and plugins and improve your website experience for you and your visitors.
You’ve Built a WordPress Landing Page!
If you followed along you should now be looking at your own Elementor landing page for WordPress. I hope you’ve seen how easy it is to work with Elementor (even the free version is a great visual builder) and feel confident enough to have a go on more designs yourself.
Stay tuned for more practical tutorials coming soon, and don’t forget to check out more Elementor resources on Tuts+!