As a developer, you can completely customize the back-end of your clients' websites to reflect their unique brand and messaging. It means completely transforming the look of the dashboard, admin menu, logo, graphics, header, the width of the logo, the footer logo, and the login form. You do this by removing all the information that comes with WordPress. This is called white-label branding.
If you are code-savvy, you can make all these changes manually. But it's time-consuming. That's where white-label branding WordPress plugins come in. No coding experience is required to use them. With these plugins, even those with no coding knowledge can create a white-label back-end for their WordPress websites.
What Do White-Label Branding Plugins Do?
- They give you the ability to control and transform the appearance of the back-end.
- They help you customize the back-end of your WordPress site without coding.
- They come with extensive documentation that helps you do the customization by yourself.
Envato Elements: Unlimited Downloads
Envato Elements is a service that provides an unlimited download subscription, meaning that you are free to download as many items as you like from millions of digital assets. This includes premium WordPress themes and plugins, stock photography, royalty-free audio, stock video, and graphics.
The subscription is covered by simple commercial licensing that gives you the rights to use the item in a broad variety of projects, including those of a commercial nature.
The licensing is future-proof, meaning even if you unsubscribe and can't download items from Envato Elements any more, any existing uses that you registered are still covered.
How White-Label Branding Is Done
White-label branding can be done manually or by using plugins.
The manual process involves making changes to your WordPress theme's PHP code by inserting snippets of code to perform the following tasks:
- replacing WordPress logos with the client’s logo
- replacing standard login images with the client’s image
- replacing the header
- customizing the admin menu
- replacing footer text like Powered by WordPress with your own wording
If you have no coding knowledge or little coding experience, then manual white labeling is overwhelming. The same applies to experienced developers who are pressed for time.
Of course, you don’t have to do all that manually. There are plugins you can use to do white labeling.
WordPress White-Label Plugins on Envato Elements
With this white-label admin plugin, you can change the appearance of your WordPress back-end to fit with your branding style. You can customize the look of the admin bar, menu, icons, colors and login page in material design style.
Materil makes it extremely easy to customize your WordPress back-end, and it does not require any coding knowledge.
This white-label admin template allows you to:
- change the colors of the admin bar
- add your own custom admin logo
- rename or remove menus, including submenu titles, icons, and colors
- customize your login page in material design style
WordPress White-Label Plugins on CodeCanyon in 2021
Here are a few of the bestselling white-labeling WordPress plugins available on CodeCanyon for 2021.
3. Bestselling: White Label Branding for WordPress (Single Site)
With the White Label Branding plugin, you have the ultimate tool for customizing the WordPress admin and login screen.
It allows you to take full control over branding in the WordPress admin by:
- customizing your login screen, menus, and logos
- changing the color scheme of the entire admin section
- creating your own advanced login templates
- creating new user roles and assigning capabilities
Not only that, but you can decide who has access to what features by hiding elements for other administrators.
You can even create a fake administrator account! This is useful if you want to give your clients “admin” access, but still limit what they have access to. The real administrator will also be hidden from the user list. This way, a client with the “fake” administrator account will never know that they don’t have full access to all features.
WPShapere is a very popular back-end customization plugin on CodeCanyon. It’s a very light plugin, easy to install, and easy to customize.
Here is what you can do with this powerful plugin:
- remove the WordPress logo from the admin bar
- upload your own logo to the login page and admin bar
- customize the login page design
- customize the admin theme with 16 built-in themes to kick-start your project
- remove the WordPress default dashboard widgets
- add your own content widgets and RSS widgets
- customize the admin bar links
- add your custom logo, text content, or links in the footer
- create user access restrictions
5. Slate Pro
Say goodbye to the run-of-the-mill WordPress. With Slate Pro, you can:
- reimagine WordPress with a clean and simplified design
- change or remove all WordPress branding
- brand clients’ admins with custom colors and a custom login screen
Your clients don’t even have to know that you’re using WordPress! Also, Slate Pro is multisite-compatible, so you can control the look of all sub-sites.
6. Ultra Admin
Ultra Admin is a combination theme and white-label branding plugin that helps you design a WordPress site for your clients with your own company branding.
It comes with 30 built-in theme templates. You can customize the admin menu, top bar, buttons, content boxes, typography, forms, text and background colors, logo, and so on.
Ultra Admin's white-label branding features will help you create a white label WordPress site by:
- rearranging menu and submenu items
- changing menu icons
- controlling the top bar links
- customizing the footer
- setting plugin access permissions
- customizing the login page
WPAlter completely changes the style of the WordPress admin panel to your desired color theme. Using this plugin, you can:
- remove the WordPress text and logo
- create custom login themes and add a custom logo for login and admin pages
- hide, rename, and rearrange admin menu items
- hide admin menu items based on user roles
You can create a white-label WordPress site and also white-label emails.
WPAlter is tested for compatibility with popular plugins: Visual Composer, WP Super Cache, WP Total Cache, Contact Form 7, and WooCommerce.
This multisite-compatible white-label branding WordPress theme comes with:
- 100 elegant themes and gives you an option to create your own custom theme
- 20+ custom dashboard widgets for site and visitor statistics
- LTR and RTL modes so can be used for any language
To support white-label branding for WordPress, you can easily:
- rearrange menu and submenu items
- change menu icons
- enable or disable menu and submenu items
It also comes with a fully customizable login screen.
9. Legacy Admin
Legacy Admin is an advanced, feature-rich white-label WordPress admin theme that comes with:
- 20 elegant, fully customizable themes
- beautiful login screen theme
- admin menu management
Here is what Legacy Admin allows you to do in terms of white-label branding:
- customize the admin top bar (all links and CSS Styles)
- customize the footer
- customize the login section
- customize the admin look and feel to represent your branding needs
- customize the admin menu
- add a custom logo and favicon for the admin panel
It is translation-compatible, with RTL and LTR modes that can be used to support any language. Finally, Legacy Admin is also multisite-compatible, so it’s easy to install and ready to use on a multisite network.
wphave Admin is a clean, beautiful, and modern admin theme that is very easy to customize. It is packed with useful features such as a custom login page, custom theme colors, and much more.
Using wphave Admin, you can do:
- white-label branding for the WordPress back-end
- white-label branding for login
This premium WordPress login page customization plugin allows you to customize your default login page. Through its intuitive interface, you can configure your login page to fit with your branding.
It comes with these awesome features that allow you to configure your page to fit with your branding:
- over 25 login templates
- custom titles, text, and logo
- customizable back to link, registration link, logo link
- over 20 social icons
- custom CSS section
WP Admin White Label Login supports image and video background. It also has inbuilt Google reCaptcha to stop spamming.
Everest Admin Theme gives you full control over the look of your WordPress admin dashboard. It comes with features that allow you to customize dashboard components like header, footer, admin bar, admin menu and submenu background, and menu icons. You can even add custom favicons to reflect your design sense.
Other features include:
- 25 pre-designed dashboard templates
- 5 pre-designed templates for login page form
- dashboard background option: image, background color, video
- custom CSS
- options to remove WordPress default meta tags for posts and pages
White Label Branding for Multisite lets you control the branding of the main site and all sub-sites in a network of websites powered by WordPress Multisite.
This white-label branding WordPress plugin for multisite allows you to:
- give each sub-site the ability to do their own branding and customize their menus for the editor role
- customize the menus and logos on each sub-site in your WordPress multisite network
- replace the WordPress logo from the login screen and dashboard with your own identity or even your client’s
- add custom dashboard meta box viewable only to editors or all users with your own welcome message or help
Bring your dashboard to life! Make it stylish and fun by using the Vigur Theme to overwrite the WordPress standard theme colors and pick colors that match your brand. You can upload your own company logo to display on the WordPress admin board. Vigur Theme also allows you to customize your login page by changing the basic styles, logo, and background on the login page.
This is a package of three powerful WordPress white-label admin themes featured in previous items in this article. With each of these white-label branding plugins, you can control the appearance of the admin menu, top bar, buttons, content boxes, typography, text and background colors, and logo.
You can also rename and rearrange menu and submenu items, change menu icons, control the top bar links, customize the footer, change plugin access permissions, etc.
These plugins are multisite-compatible and translation-ready.
Here are two more plugins that aren't specifically white-label branding plugins, but could be useful for any white-label branding project.
Menu by User Role gives you complete control over the menus in your WordPress-powered website. You can:
- create a public menu
- create a menu for logged-in users
- create a separate menu for each user role defined in your website
In addition, you can create a custom navigation menu, which can be used instead of the default menu. In order to use this feature, it must be registered in the theme’s functions.php file.
You can easily add pages, posts, categories, and custom links to the menu. And you can even create multi-level menus with just a few clicks and organize them by dragging and dropping.
This plugin can be used together with White Label Branding for WordPress.
The features it adds include:
- Google Fonts
- hide users from the user list
- hide plugins from the plugin list
- redirect users after login
- add unlimited widgets to the WordPress dashboard
- hide unwanted metaboxes from WordPress posts and pages
- and much more to come…
Free White-Labeling WordPress Plugins
For a professional white-label WordPress site, the premium plugins from CodeCanyon can't be beat. However, if you want to try creating white-label WordPress sites for free, here are some plugins you can start with.
The White Label CMS plugin is for developers who want to give their clients a more personalized and less confusing content management system.
This white-label WordPress plugin lets administrators bring clients' websites to life by creating a complete custom WordPress dashboard with their own widgets, adding a custom logo, creating a custom login, and so much more.
With Ultimate Client Dash, you can customize and rebrand the WordPress dashboard and login page, manage users' capabilities, create custom widgets, and more.
Cora is the ultimate WordPress admin theme and white-label plugin designed to help you achieve a modern, clean look that is harmonious with your brand. It comes with lots of options to help you customize your admin area and login page.
Get a White-Labeling WordPress Plugin Now!
Transform the back end of your clients' websites to reflect their unique brand and messaging with white-labeling WordPress plugins available on CodeCanyon.
Finally, increase engagement on your WordPress websites with the help of these articles:
- WordPressTop WordPress Security Tips for AdminsReginald Dawson
- WordPressPersisted WordPress Admin Notices: Part 1David Gwyer
- WordPress22 Best WordPress Slider & Carousel Plugins of 2021Daniel Strongin
- WordPressBest Affiliate WooCommerce Plugins ComparedFranc Lucas
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Web Design tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post