If you own a WordPress site, forms are indispensable for creating a satisfying user experience and increasing your conversion rates. You need forms for clients to get in touch with you easily, answer simple survey questions, leave feedback and testimonials, and so on. But you don’t need to have coding experience to create forms. You can use WordPress form builder plugins!
What Is a WordPress Form Builder Plugin?
A WordPress form builder plugin allows you to create forms for your website quickly and easily, without any specialized coding knowledge.
Some form builders for WordPress come with tools to build different kinds of forms that serve different purposes. These are the multipurpose or all-in-one plugins.
Other form plugins build forms that serve a very specific purpose: for example, building a cost estimation and payment form.
Best-Selling WordPress Form Builder Plugins for 2021
For just a one-time payment, you can get yourself one of the most comprehensive, feature-rich WordPress available on CodeCanyon today! They are easy to use, and you don't require any coding skills.
What to Look for in a Form Builder Plugin
- Responsiveness: the ability to create websites that easily and efficiently scale to any devices—desktops, tablets, smartphones—should be a no-brainer.
- Drag-and-drop / ease of use: saves time whether or not you know how to code.
- Customization & flexibility: your form builder has to be able to build the kinds of forms you need.
- Shortcodes: so you can add forms anywhere on your website.
- Integration: your forms might need to integrate with other services like marketing, payment, or monetization plugins.
- Regular updates: if a plugin is not up-to-date, it's likely not secure, and it might have compatibility problems with current versions of WordPress.
- Security: does the seller do regular audits to identify and fix security vulnerabilities that may arise from the use of the plugin?
Multipurpose Form Builder Plugins
Plugins in this category are like a one-stop shop where you can get different kinds of forms that serve different functions.
Quform is an advanced WordPress plugin that allows you to quickly and easily build multiple forms. This drag-and-drop form builder is feature-rich, easy to use, and has a wide variety of templates that enable you to build all kinds of forms ranging from complex quotes to booking forms and simple contact forms, without ever writing any code. A few clicks and you have fully functional forms—it’s that simple.
Some features available in Quform include:
- responsive forms
- drag-and-drop form elements
- file uploads, sent as attachments or saved to the server (or both)
- live preview while building
- export directly to an .xls, .xlsx, .csv, .ods, or .html file
A form doesn’t need to be boring. It can be aesthetically beautiful and technically excellent. With the FormCraft plugin, you get forms that are both. The forms are well-designed and appealing. You don’t get that stock template kind of feeling. With its drag-and-drop style editor, FormCraft is a breeze to use. You simply drag the item you need from the menu and drop it in place on the form you have chosen. Boom! Form built.
FormCraft forms also have multiple layers for customizing. You can easily change your fonts and colors. You can even upload your own logo and add a background image—among other things—to create a form adapted to your brand and personality.
FormCraft has been designed with responsiveness at its core, so your web forms will look sharp and beautiful on every device.
This form creator plugin for WordPress comes integrated with free and paid add-ons that extend the capabilities of what a form template can do. Available add-ons include Mailchimp integration, GetResponse, Campaign Monitor, Signature Pad, and more.
If you’re looking for the most comprehensive form management system, you will find it in the eForm form builder plugin. With the quick and easy, drag-and-drop form builder, you can build the many forms your business needs in order to function efficiently: quizzes, surveys, data collection, cost estimation with payment, and user feedback of all kinds. You can customize product names, numbers, and invoice IDs. The form builder also allows for custom coupon codes for discounts.
All submissions are stored in your eForm database, so you can view, track, analyze, and act on the data you have captured. A user portal also allows registered users to review and track their submissions.
eForm is fully integrated with the best email marketing tools: Campaign Monitor, Get Response, AWeber, and Mailchimp. Email addresses are saved in your eForm database, so it’s easy to send targeted marketing to particular groups of users.
For fast, secure, and easy payment, eForm form builder is integrated with PayPal, Stripe, and WooCommerce. And you can enable more payment systems.
NEX-Forms is a highly flexible and customizable form builder plugin that gives you the freedom to style your layouts and add your own background images. This drag-and-drop form creator has a layout grid system of five preset columns—including unlimited grid nesting—that can be dragged into any position on the form to create your own layouts.
It also has math logic to perform cost calculations based on user selections and advanced conditional logic to show and hide form elements based on your users' input. On the back end, the NEX-Forms admin panel will give you a real desktop application feel with no page refreshing. Everything is done with a single versatile admin tool.
Other interesting features of this WordPress forms creator include:
- GeoLocation stats so you can see where your form submissions came from!
- Submission Reports and Exports: generate reports from your form submissions based on your own criteria. Your reports can also be exported to CSV and/or PDF!
- Interactive Forms: interact in real time with your users.
ARForms is a form builder plugin with a clean, easy-to-use interface, a solid design, and great functionality. It comes with a full-featured multi-column facility, including the option to resize any column by simply dragging the border between fields. Easy, fast, flexible. Also, you don’t need to pay extra for a popup form plugin. It’s already built in!
Want to see how your forms will look when you publish them? Want to check mobile and tablet viewports? The preview button enables you to see how your forms will look without leaving the form editor.
So if you’re looking for complete flexibility to create forms that suit your needs, you can’t go wrong with this WordPress form builder plugin.
Specialized Form Builder Plugins
Plugins in this category specialize in building only one kind of form. If you need to build a specific kind of form that is covered by one of these plugins, you might get better functionality than you would with a multipurpose WordPress form builder.
You want your customers to get an accurate estimate of their request, you want them to be able to easily make payments using PayPal or Stripe, and you also want to send and receive customer emails automatically via Mailchimp or another mailing list service.
You can do all that using WP Cost Estimation & Payment Forms Builder—a specialized plugin that is used to create cost estimation and payment forms. It also has a booking system to manage calendars, events, and reminders directly from the back-end.
This plugin's amazing features allow you to focus on your clients' needs. These features include:
- powerful Form Designer tool to customize your forms
- estimations and payments work with subscriptions
- discount coupon code management
- confirmation email can be sent to the customer too
- complex custom calculations are defined with an intuitive visual interface
- orders can be exported as .csv or emailed as .pdf
All this, and it works with WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads too!
Do you want to create attractive, engaging polls that integrate into your WordPress website easily? TotalPoll Pro has a relatable, user-friendly interface designed to make poll creation hassle-free. The templates can be customized to create visually compelling polls.
- Optimized for touchscreens: your polls will always look amazing whether on a laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
- You can track votes daily, weekly, and monthly. You can also track custom field values with votes.
- Trace every vote with an informative log (showing status, IP, browser, and time) to identify any cheating attempts.
- Integrate your polls everywhere with a shortcode, widget, or even a direct link.
TotalPoll Pro supports multiple languages including Arabic, English, German, French, Italian, Mandarin, Portuguese, Spanish, Hindi, Japanese, Russian, Swedish... And there are more languages coming.
The success of a website highly depends on the visitors, so a customer satisfaction survey is key to improving the content.
Modal Survey gives you the power to create any customer satisfaction survey or customer feedback survey on your pages easily with the Visual Poll Builder.
It's the most comprehensive survey plugin in the market.
If you have a very long form with too many fields, people will get tired of filling it out, and they will leave the website. You will lose customers!
Instead, you can increase your web submission rate by breaking up your form into multiple steps with the Contact Form CF7 plugin. This plugin provides a step-by-step UI for long forms with many fields.
This is the most appealing way to display a long form to your visitors. You can also customize the colors to suit your theme.
Download a WordPress Form Builder Plugin From CodeCanyon Now!
There are many different kinds of WordPress form plugins available today. Some form builder plugins allow you to create forms that serve a specific business function—for example, cost estimation and payments or surveys and polling. Others are multipurpose and give you the ability to create all the kinds of forms your business needs.
You need to choose a plugin that fits your requirements. The plugins we’ve featured have a solid reputation and are all available on CodeCanyon.
For more about WordPress forms and form builders, check out some of our other posts!
- WordPressQuform vs. FormCraft: Top WordPress Form Builder Plugins ComparedNona Blackman
- WordPressCreate a Contact Form in WordPress Using a Free PluginSajal Soni
- WordPressUse a Drag-and-Drop Form Builder for WordPressAshraff Hathibelagal
- WordPressHow to Pick a WordPress Form Builder PluginFranc Lucas
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Web Design tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post