Thanks to WordPress plugins, you can easily build any type of website, including an online store. With a plugin like WooCommerce, you don’t have to know how to code or hire a developer. Simply install the plugin, add your products, connect your payment gateway, and you’re ready to start selling.
The best thing about WooCommerce is that there are hundreds of themes out there built specifically with WooCommerce in mind. These WooCommerce themes ensure that your fashion and clothing store has all the right features necessary to help you sell more.
In this post, we’ll test-drive three popular WooCommerce fashion themes that you can use to create your fashion and clothing store.
Where to Find Premium WooCommerce Themes
If you’re looking for the best premium WooCommerce themes for WordPress, Envato Elements is the best place to start. Envato Elements is a subscription-based marketplace with a unique offer. For a low, monthly fee you get access to thousands of creative design assets. This includes:
- Professional WordPress themes
- Presentation templates
- Stock photos, fonts, and more.
If you’d rather buy themes individually, check out ThemeForest. ThemeForest is a part of Envato Market, a suite of marketplaces catering to various creative needs. Each marketplace offers templates and design assets for all your creative projects.
Both Envato Elements and Envato Market have WooCommerce fashion themes with professional features such as:
- Tons of customization options to make the theme reflect your style
- Premade templates and demo sites so you don’t have to start from scratch
- eCommerce features designed to help you sell more
Another benefit of using a premium WooCommerce theme is that you’ll end up with a website that stands out. So if you want to outshine your competition, a premium WooCommerce theme from Envato Elements or ThemeForest is the best way to go.
Our Pick: 3 WooCommerce Themes for Fashion
With that out of the way, let’s take a look at how the top WooCommerce fashion themes stack up against each other.
- ✅ Plenty of customization options
- ✅ Several modern looking demos to choose from
- ✅ Fast loading times
- ✅ Integration with Elementor, Mailchimp, and several other popular plugins
- 🚫 Not very intuitive for first-time WordPress users
- 🚫 Locating the one-click demo import is not easy if you’re a beginner
Flone is a minimal WooCommerce theme that comes with 38+ pre-made homepage demos. Most of the demos are geared towards the fashion industry, although you will find a few demos for other types of stores too.
One of the standout features of the Flone theme is the loading speed. The theme is lightweight and loads fast. This is essential for online stores as slow loading times can negatively impact your conversion rate.
Other key features include:
- Built-in mega menu with the ability to add product images to it
- Several options to display products
- Product quick view so visitors can get more information about the product without visiting the product individual page
- Integration with Elementor page builder plugin for easier editing
- One-click demo import process
In addition to that, the theme integrates with Mailchimp and comes with all the necessary plugins to help you set up your store.
Ease Of Use
The theme is not difficult to use if you are an experienced WordPress user. Given that it integrates with the Elementor page builder plugin, editing the pages is easy. Not to mention, the one-click import process speeds up the design part of setting up a website.
However, the theme can be a little overwhelming for new WordPress users. Once you activate the theme, you’re immediately taken to the WooCommerce setup process rather than the demo content import. This can be a little confusing if you don’t know where to look for the import options.
In addition to that, if you’re a beginner, you might think that the Flone theme severely lacks in customization options. That’s because the Theme Settings button that appears after you import the demo content takes you to the Live Customizer. However, the bulk of theme options are located in the Flone Options panel which is tucked away towards the bottom of the sidebar in the WordPress admin area.
Pros And Cons
As far as the pros go, the Flone theme is a highly customizable theme that offers plenty of demos to choose from. If you’re looking for a solid theme with the ability to customize every aspect of the theme, it’s a great choice.
On the downside, if you’re a beginner, the Flone theme doesn’t have the most intuitive setup process and finding the right place to customize the styles can be tricky.
- ✅ Beginner-friendly
- ✅ Clean design
- ✅ Easy to use
- ✅ Plenty of customization options
- ✅ Works with Gutenberg out of the box
- 🚫 Lack of premade demos
- 🚫 Some of the customization options are not where you expect them to be
The Retailer WooCommerce theme for WordPress is a well-documented and popular theme from ThemeForest. It has a clean and modern design that works well for any type of store. It comes with 7 homepage variations and dozens of shop and product page variations to help you build a beautiful store.
The Retailer theme is a great choice if you’re looking for a theme that has an easy setup. As soon as you activate the theme, you’ll be taken to the setup wizard that installs the necessary plugins, imports the demo content, and sets up the theme to look exactly like the demo.
Main features of the theme include:
- The ability to edit pages with Gutenberg or with a page builder plugin like WPBakery, Elementor, and Visual Composer
- Grid-based layout for shop and product pages
- Color and image swatches for product variations
- Responsive design
- Product filters
- Plenty of customization options to get your store to look the way you want
What sets The Retailer theme apart from other themes is that you easily add custom content to your WooCommerce product pages. Thanks to built-in hook customizations, you can add content to various locations on shop pages without coding.
Ease Of Use
The Retailer theme is easy to use. Starting from the guided setup to customization options to editing pages, you can easily set up and customize your website. The theme uses the built-in Live Customizer so you can easily adjust settings and enable additional features.
The theme works with Gutenberg out of the box so you can easily use it without the need to install a separate page builder plugin. And since the customization options are extensive, there is no need to add an extra plugin.
As such, The Retailer theme is very beginner-friendly and lets you get your store up and running quickly so you can start selling products.
Pros And Cons
As mentioned earlier, The Retailer theme is a great choice if you’re looking for a beginner-friendly user theme with a clean and minimal design. It has extensive customization options but they’re not overwhelming and it includes the key features necessary for an online store.
On the downside, the theme doesn’t have multiple demo options as is the case with other WordPress themes. This lack of choice can be a turn-off for more experienced users or users that want to try different looks for their store.
Another downside is that some of the customization options are not where you’d expect them to be. For example, there are tabs for Shop, Product, and WooCommerce which can be a little confusing at first. However, once you get used to it and familiarize yourself with the option, it’s easy to change the desired settings.
- ✅ Easy to use
- ✅ Plenty of demos and customization options
- ✅ Beginner-friendly
- ✅ Lightweight
- 🚫 Font preloader settings are not located in the Live Customizer
The Rey theme is one of the top rated WooCommerce themes on ThemeForest. It comes with numerous premade demos as well as individual sections and UI elements to help you design a stunning store. It’s geared towards fashion stores, furniture stores, artist stores, and more.
What sets the Rey theme apart is that all its demos are interconnected. This means you can easily mix and match different demos to get the look you want. In addition to that, the theme is modular in nature, which means you can enable only the features you need to ensure your website doesn’t get bloated.
Key features include:
- Support for single product images and product galleries
- Product quick view
- Add custom content to product pages
- Easy setup wizard
- Search and filter functionality
- Optimized to load fast
- Optimized for SEO
- Integration with the Elementor page builder plugin
Ease Of Use
The Rey theme is easy to use, mainly due to the guided setup that walks you through the process of activating the theme, installing necessary plugins, and importing the demo content.
In addition to that, it has a unique dashboard with links to the documentation as well as a search bar so you can easily look something up.
Pros And Cons
When it comes to pros, the Rey theme has everything you need to set up an online store. But what really makes it shine is the modular nature which allows you to selectively enable features to ensure your website’s performance is not affected.
It’s hard to find a con for the Rey theme as the demos look nice, there are plenty of customization options, the theme has all the essential eCommerce features. The only minor downside is that the font preloader settings are tucked away in the theme settings panel rather than with other customization options in Live Customizer.
Which WooCommerce Clothing Store Theme is Right For You?
So now that you’ve seen the themes in action, you’re probably wondering which theme you should use for your store! If you’re looking for a clean, minimal, and easy to use theme, The Retailer theme is a wonderful starting point thanks to its guided setup wizard and extensive documentation.
If you’re looking for a theme that has a clean design but doesn’t skimp out on the customization options, the Flone theme is a great choice but keep in mind that it’s not very beginner-friendly.
Lastly, if you want a theme that loads fast, is easy to use, and is optimized for SEO to give you a leg up in the search results, the Rey theme should be your top choice.
Still Not Convinced? Here’s What to Look For In a WooCommerce Theme
If our choice of premium fashion WooCommerce themes wasn’t for you, let’s cover the key features you should look for when finding your own theme. No matter what type of WooCommerce theme you’re looking to buy, make sure it has the essential eCommerce features such as these:
- Mega Menus: so you can easily display all your product categories without overwhelming your visitors
- Product Quick View: this will allow visitors to see more information about the product and add it to the cart without having to click through to the product page
- Support for product variations: make it easy for visitors to see all variations of your product on individual product pages
- Responsive design: with more than half of all website traffic coming from mobile devices and mobile shopping on the rise, your store must look good on desktop and mobile devices.
- Search and Filter Options: help your visitors to easily find a product they want by using the search bar or filtering through the products
Explore More WordPress Themes
WooCommerce themes are just one category among many different WordPress themes. If you need a different type of theme for your WordPress site or simply want more inspiration, check out the roundups below.
- WordPress30 Top Cleaning Services Company WordPress Themes to Download in 2022Hermione Wright
- WordPress Themes20 Best Free WordPress Themes For BusinessBrenda Barron
- Inspiration29 Best Portfolio WordPress Themes for CreativesBrenda Barron
Launch a Beautiful WooCommerce Store With WordPress
WordPress makes it easy to launch any type of website thanks to its immense plugin ecosystem and different types of themes. With a plugin like WooCommerce, you can easily build an online store and start selling both digital and physical products.
Get started today by choosing a modern, high-converting WooCommerce theme and launch your store quickly.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Web Design tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly