Do you want to increase engagement and the amount of time visitors spend on your website? That's where a WordPress video player can help. You can increase engagement by adding a video player plugin to your WordPress website. Not only does this reflect well on your brand but it also helps your SEO ranking.
WordPress lets you add embedded video out of the box, but you can make the process easier and create a better user experience with a plugin.
Adding a stylish WordPress video player plugin lets visitors engage with the content on your website. Video plugins are full-featured, customizable, and easy to integrate into your website.
The Best WordPress Video Plugins and Players on CodeCanyon
Discover CodeCanyon's extensive library of the best video WordPress plugins ever created. With a cheap one-time payment, you can purchase one of these high-quality WordPress plugins and give your website viewers a more interactive experience.
Take a look at these trending WordPress video players from CodeCanyon.
WordPress Video Gallery Plugins
Here are the top-rated WordPress video gallery plugins that are available for you to download on CodeCanyon.
With the Essential Grid Gallery WordPress Plugin, you can add both photo galleries and video galleries. Include galleries built with other popular plugins, link to video sites such as YouTube and Vimeo, and create gorgeous grid-based galleries.
- layout options
- skin editor
- video tutorials
With The Grid, you can create endless layouts and grids for your videos. The plugin also includes a touch slider (also known as a carousel) for mobile, and WooCommerce support so you can use powerful, responsive video to help sell your products.
- premium support
- skin builder
- custom post type support
- social stream support
- touch slider
The Media Grid: WordPress Responsive Portfolio plugin lets you build bespoke, fully customisable grids of images, video, and other media using a simple drag-and-drop interface. It also has a dynamic grid mode, letting you create video grids in moments.
- visual grid builder
- dynamic grids
- fill grids with existing posts
- item attributes
This plugin is dedicated to video galleries. With the Video Gallery WordPress Plugin, you can link to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook pages to import video and display it on your site. It's responsive and includes analytics so you can see how many people are watching your videos.
- self-hosted or streamed video
- retina ready
- five skins and skin generator
- set play from time for each video
The Ultimate Layouts plugin will help you create a layout for video and other media if you're using the WPBakery page builder plugin.
It's responsive, integrates with YouTube, and lets you build unlimited layouts using the WPBakery page builder, so you don't have to switch to an unfamiliar interface. Display grids, lists, and carousels with ease.
- 70+ layouts and design builder
- WooCommerce compatible
- supports custom post types and custom taxonomies
- integrates with AdSense for video advertising
The Final Tiles plugin is another plugin you can use to create a customisable video gallery on your site. It features two layouts: Final Tiles with mixed image sizes and Masonry with a uniform image size. You can embed videos among your images or create a gallery just from video.
- mix landscape and portrait images and video with flexible grids
- seven lightboxes
- social sharing for each video
- intuitive admin panel
WP YouTube Manager Pro for WordPress automatically fetches videos from your YouTube channel and displays them in a beautiful video gallery on your WordPress site.
The plugin displays videos in grid view or masonry view. An interesting feature is that it also allows site admins to update the video title, description, and category on the YouTube channel right from your WordPress site!
In addition, it automatically syncs, finds, and fetches new videos.
WordPress Video Enhancement and Effects Plugins
The Elite Video Player plugin is a fully customisable advertising video player that supports advertising on the most popular video channels such as YouTube and Vimeo.
Import videos, channels, or playlists and play using the default YouTube player or add custom controls. As well as YouTube and Vimeo, you can play self-hosted video or video hosted on Dropbox or Amazon S3.
- advertising pre-roll, mid-roll, or post-roll
- Google Analytics: see which of your videos are most popular
- sticky mode to keep videos visible
- lightbox, responsive, and full-screen modes
If you want to enhance your videos with features such as subtitles in multiple languages, downloads, and adjustable playback speed, the Ultimate Video Player plugin is for you.
It boasts a wide range of features including advertising, cue points, live streaming, and more.
- advertising pre-roll, mid-roll, post-roll, or via popups
- links to YouTube and Vimeo
- stream local video
- private or password-protected video
- information windows and subtitle options
Ever thought about including videos in a flipbook? The Diamond Flipbook plugin lets you do that. Create a dynamic flipbook from your content and media, and include video too. Videos will be overlaid on the flipbook in the background.
- PDF support
- multiple file upload
- reverse flipbooks for right-to-left languages
- insert flipbook via shortcode, template, or lightbox.
If you're not happy with the default YouTube player, the HTML5 Video Player plugin will provide you with a customisable player that's designed to display your video in high quality. It supports YouTube, Vimeo, and self-hosted video, and it's fully responsive.
- Google Analytics
- customisable colour scheme
- two skins
- downloading and sharing
This HTML5 Video Player is ideal if you want a video player which will support YouTube, Vimeo, and self-hosted videos. The plugin can be used as a full-screen video background for your website. The video will cover the entire screen without any black stripes.
Other features of this player include:
- lightweight JSON file of about 256KB
- use the plugin as a fixed-width or full-width video player
- use the parameters to set the border width and colour
The WordPress Sermons Manager plugin is an easy sermon publisher for churches, websites, and podcasts. The user interface is designed keeping in mind new trends in the design industry for church websites.
- add media to your sermons, including audio, self-hosted video, and YouTube video
- showcase your sermons in pre-built grid layout styles
- create podcasts for the sermons on your website and list them on the iTunes podcast library
WordPress Video Lightbox Plugins
Some features include:
- create responsive galleries of HTML5 videos or embed videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, or Wistia
- display external websites from a simple URL—for example a Google Map
- supports gestures: drag and swipe to navigate through items, pinch to zoom, etc.
The Revolution Lightbox plugin is another plugin that lets you add video to a lightbox. It also supports images, Google Maps, and HTML content, giving you maximum flexibility. The lightbox is customizable, so you can adapt it to suit your theme.
- runs on all major browsers and mobile devices
- coded for high performance
- add playlists
- add links for each lightbox item
- optional thumbnails and description window
Interactive Video Plugins for WordPress
With the iPanorama 360° plugin, you can create video walkthroughs with labels and signs. This one is great for holiday lets or property sales.
- three scene types: cube, sphere, and cylinder
- hotspots: allow you to mark different areas that you want to point out
- virtual tour: travel from one scene to another by clicking on special hotspots
- tooltip system: the plugin has a built-in powerful tooltip system
- thumbnails: let people see a quick snapshot of your scene
- preview image: you can set an image that will show as a preview
- fullscreen: you can toggle from the normal state to fullscreen and back
- mouse wheel: zoom with mouse-wheel scrolling
- keyboard: arrows can be used for navigation
Video Automation Plugins for WordPress
Manually embedding videos into your site takes time. The WordPress Video Robot plugin automates this process for you. It'll take the search terms you give it and automatically add relevant videos to your site The videos don't even need to be from your own channel.
- migration tools
- fully automated
- no duplicate videos
- content restriction
Smart Product Viewer is a best-selling 360º product animation plugin designed for WordPress e-Commerce sites. It's perfect for showcasing the products you sell.
It allows a customer to see your product in detail with a full 360° spin view or understand how the product works with flawless step-by-step animation.
It’s simple to install and easily customizable, with lots of options to choose from.
- easy shortcode and widget integration
- fullscreen lightbox
- spin and animate on page scroll
- drag-and-drop images manager
- simple mouse interaction
- support for touch devices
The WordPress Responsive YouTube Playlist Video Player plugin makes it easy to automatically add videos to your site from individual YouTube playlists. It has features to let you customize the display and the order of play.
- responsive with intelligent resizing
- horizontal and vertical layouts
- customize the interface
- playlist sources
- touch-screen support
If you want to save time importing video from YouTube, the YouTube WordPress Plugin: Video Import plugin can help. In addition to importing video, it uses metadata from YouTube to insert content such as titles, category, tags, and a featured image. You can automatically import content from YouTube channels or playlists, saving you time.
- eliminates repetitive tasks
- combine multiple YouTube sources
- automatically import videos
- bulk video import
Choosing the Right Video Plugin for Your Site
The plugins listed above all do something slightly different, or give a variation on a different functionality such as lightboxes or galleries. The best one for your site will depend on your needs: do you want to pull in videos automatically, for example? Are you hosting videos locally? Do you want enhanced video playback controls?
Install a WordPress Video Plugin and Player Now!
On CodeCanyon, you will find stylish and interactive WordPress video plugins that will help you show great content on your website!
The various features and styling options allow you to integrate an eye-catching and fully functional player for your media that can fit your website's theme.
The following articles and tutorials should help in your quest to find the most suitable plugins for your needs.
- WordPress20 Best WordPress Audio Player and Video Player PluginsDaniel Strongin
- WordPressHow to Find the Best WordPress Gallery Plugins for Images or VideoFranc Lucas
- WordPress6 Best WordPress Lightbox PluginsMonty Shokeen
- WordPress Plugins7 Best WordPress Video Gallery PluginsKyle Sloka-Frey
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Web Design tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post