In this Figma quick tip you’ll learn how to change multiple colors at the same time. This is such a huge timesaver and it’s actually one of my favorite features in Figma, so let’s take a look!
Simultaneously Change Multiple Colors in Figma
Here’s a complete video version of this Figma quick tip. Don’t forget to subscribe to our Envato Tuts+ YouTube channel for tutorials, free courses, and more!
Let’s start off by imagining you have a bunch of rectangles on the artboard, like this:
You might want to change all the gray rectangles so their color matches the blue ones. You could copy and paste the color value by first selecting the blue, then selecting the other objects of course, but Figma has a useful trick up its sleeve.
Select all the objects you need (all the rectangles) and you’ll see the colors all displayed in the the Selection Colors panel to the right:
Now you can copy the blue value, paste it into the gray value, and all the gray objects will become blue. Amazing!
Big deal, you might be thinking! But these rectangles are a really simple example; imagine you have a complex UI with loads of colors, like this:
In the mere blink of an eye, all the #384DFE blue objects can be switched to a teal green (or whatever):
Selecting Objects by Color
By clicking the icon to the right of the color picker you can select all the objects of that color in one go.
Save Time With Figma Quick Tips
This quick tip is just one of many time-saving tricks which will help you design more efficiently. Check out these other tips and let us know if you have others of your own!
- FigmaEssential Figma Shortcuts for Working EfficientlyAdi Purdila
- FigmaQuick Tip: How to Use Adobe Illustrator Files in FigmaKezz Bracey
- Figma4 Ways to Resize Elements in FigmaAdi Purdila
- FigmaA Quick Guide to Figma’s Image Fill SettingsAdi Purdila
Figma Resources and Assets (Free and Premium)
Get inspired with these roundups of UI and UX kits for Figma, Graphics, Icon kits, and more!
- FigmaThe Best Free Figma Resources: Templates, Icons, UI Kits, and MoreTomas Laurinavicius
- Figma21+ Best Premium UI Kits for Adobe XD and FigmaPaula Borowska
- Wireframing17 Must-Have Wireframe Templates and UI Kits for Your Design LibraryBrittany Jezouit
- WireframingUX/UI Kits to Speed Up Your Design ProcessEric Karkovack
- UI DesignBest-Selling UX and UI Kits for Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, and FigmaIan Yates
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post