A-Z of Web Typography11 Posts
"Web Design is 95% Typography", as Oliver Reichenstein famously said back in 2006. He was referring to the fact that most information found on the web is written, so it's only logical that we as web designers understand how to visually control it.
This session will help you do just that. Over the course of these posts, we'll cover the A-Z of typography as it applies to the web.
- The Anatomy of Web Typography
- A Web Designer's Typographic Boilerplate
- Taking Ems Even Further
- Figuring Out @font-face
- Understanding Typographic Hierarchy
- Taking the “Erm..” Out of Ems
- Getting the Hang of Hanging Punctuation
- A Beginner’s Guide to Pairing Fonts
- Start Using Quotation Marks the “Correct” Way
- Typographic Readability and Legibility
- How to Establish a Modular Typographic Scale