Whether you’re fresh out of college or looking to find a better job, you will need a resume to showcase all your skills and help you stand out from the competition.
Nowadays, however, a standard resume or a CV is not enough. A better way to impress HR managers and describe your expertise, education, and experience is to create a personal website with the help of a WordPress resume theme—like those shown here:
A good personal resume website has these key benefits when compared to a standard resume or CV:
- It puts you in control: It’s not uncommon for employers to turn to Google when selecting candidates for a position. Your personal website has higher chances of showing up as a top result in the search and it allows you to control which information is immediately visible.
- It makes you easier to find: Someone looking to hire a person with particular skills may not know your name but if you take the time to polish the content of your website, you stand a better chance of showing up in the search results when they search for those skills.
- It shows off your personality: A personal website lets you show your personality and go into more detail about your previous experience.
What Are the Key Features of Great Resume Themes?
There are many WordPress resume themes available on the market today (such as those shown below) and choosing one can be difficult—especially if you’re not sure what features to look for. Here’s a list of key features of great resume themes to make your selection easier:
- Responsive design: Your site must be accessible on any device.
- A skills section: Your resume site needs a section or a page for your education, skills, and experience. It should work in conjunction with your standard resume or CV so be sure there’s a dedicated section to include relevant information.
- Testimonials: This is where your WordPress resume website has the chance to outperform your written resume. Instead of a list of references, you can showcase what your previous employers or clients have said about you, which is a surefire way to add credibility.
- Contact information: Consider including not only your email and phone number, but also your professional social media profiles.
- Portfolio: You can include an image and a detailed description of the tasks involved with certain projects or showcase your relevant work visually.
- Appealing design: A great design is another must-have if you want to stand out from the crowd. A high-quality WordPress resume theme will have a design that complements your resume rather than distract users with flashy backgrounds or poor typography.
5 Important Statistics for Active Job Seekers in 2020
When it comes to job seeking, it’s critical to make a positive and lasting impression on recruiters and hiring managers. The resume templates included below are going to be extremely helpful in making you stand out among other candidates.
However, take a look at these five statistics to further prepare you for your upcoming job search.
- 40% of hiring managers spend less than a minute reviewing a resume. 25% spend less than 30 seconds. This means you need make a point of your qualifications for the job extremely quickly.
- 51% of U.S. employees are either actively looking for a new job or casually watching for openings. There are many people also applying for the same positions you are, meaning you ought to have a fantastic resume.
- Resumes must be easy to scan, read, and comprehend as 25 percent of hiring managers won’t read a resume if it’s just long paragraphs of text.
- On average, a single job opening gets 250 resumes. And, in 2018, only 12% of candidates who applied got an interview. Again, don’t take your resume lightly. Naturally, only one can get the job.
- There are currently more jobs than people looking for them. That’s a great sign for job seekers!
Best WordPress Resume Themes
Here is a curated selection of over twenty WordPress resume theme choices that are great for a variety of professionals, from: designers, photographers, coders, marketers, and more.
If you want to showcase your resume online and grab the attention of potential employers, then browse through these themes to find just the right design that fits your personal brand best.
The RyanCV WordPress resume theme is perfectly suited for many professionals. It’s ideal for developers, designers, or artists. This WordPress resume can function as either a fully detailed and interactive resume or as a vCard.
Additionally, RyanCV has a clean and modern visual design. The design doesn’t take the spotlight away from you. Instead, it allows your skills, experience, and accolades to shine without distractions. And, the theme even comes with the now trendy dark mode designs.
The most impressive part about RyanCV is its perfect 5-star rating so far!
“Excellent quality design, customizable for one’s needs. Simple and effective! Page loads super-quickly - I love that. The best part about this theme is the support offered by beshleyua. I had a feature / custom suggestion and he implemented it within 24 hours for me. You won’t get better service anywhere else! Rest assured you will get top-quality support from this theme. It serves its purpose well, and has everything you need for a great site.”
Mak is a trendy, responsive resume theme with distinct light and dark styles, and a range of page layouts.
It has dedicated sections for a bio, skills section, and here are several places where you can put prominent calls to action and display past projects in the portfolio.
The theme also works with Elementor, allowing you to drag and drop premade blocks and elements to boost the functionality and design of your online CV. Learn more about Elementor on Tuts+:
ORB is another absolutely stunning WordPress resume theme. Although it’s meant for creatives, which is evident by its remarkable visual design, there is no reason why any other professional cannot take advantage of its visual design. The layout and photography integration within ORB’s design is bound to impress any headhunter.
Also, ORB comes with many wonderful features. It’s just as practical as any other premium WordPress resume sites as it is good looking. Some noteworthy features include:
- Elementor page builder
- Fully responsive design
- Numerous designed sections and prebuild demos
- Youtube background integration
- WordPress 5+ Compatible
Kerge is a vCard WordPress theme you must have a look at. It’s simplistic and gets to the point quickly. That’s important when recruiters only spend a few minutes checking out your resume or portfolio. The theme comes with animated and multipage capabilities, and it comes with two different landing page styles with each in light and dark modes depending on the type of mood you want to set.
It’s a great theme if you want to put together a quick website resume or a whole portfolio or personal website. The theme is made up of the typical sections you’d expect of a resume including skills, an about me page, but also past clients and testimonials which can come in very handy!
Ukko is a minimal, exceptionally well-designed WordPress resume and CV theme. It features a one-page design with a fixed navigation, subtle animations, and smooth scrolling. However, it also comes with a wide variety of sections that can turn this on-page site into a full creative portfolio.
Ukko gets to the point quickly. It’s a great WordPress resume site to show off your experience, skills, services, testimonials, to name a few. This theme’s design is unique, so it’s bound to make a statement for you too.
You absolutely must check out the unRovr resume theme. I say this because it comes with eight premade designs that are extremely well crafted and beautiful. No matter the type of work you do, whether you’re a web designer or an accountant, this theme will make for a great online resume.
unRovr features a simple yet inviting hero section and a slew of subsections that you can customize to your field, industry, and work type. It’s equipped with smooth animations, creative transitions, and even subtle audio effects which are all customizable through the drag and drop interface.
unRovr is bound to make a fantastic first impression for you on your next job hunt!
Amike is a personal portfolio theme that can easily support a WordPress resume website as well. Its visual design is sleek, modern, and simple. The dark mode theme is excellent. And, the integrated Redux Framework allows you to control all of your theme settings from a single place which makes maintenance easier.
This WordPress resume theme features the Elementor plugin for easy page building, a responsive layout for your mobile visitors, and regular theme updates. It uses the latest Bootstrap framework to give you a fast and optimized WordPress resume theme.
This fantastic WordPress resume theme can function as either a vCard or a full online portfolio. The theme is fully responsive and retina ready and, on top of that, it can be easily customized through the theme options panel where you can change fonts, colors, multiple design options, and more.
Rida features the standard one-click demo installer, video and image backgrounds, numerous content elements, and a multitude of other customization options. It is cross-browser compatible, optimized for SEO, and translation ready too.
Not to mention, it’s well praised by its customers:
“Best customer support ever! The theme is nice and modern, great purchase!”
Patrick is a clean and responsive, single-page resume theme. It can function as a CV, a vCard, or a resume. It’s a great option if you’re looking to quickly set up your online resume with a straightforward and professional WordPress theme.
There are many different reason to choose Patrick as your WordPress resume, such as:
- Various background styles
- Dark design
- Awesome Portfolio and Filters
- Fast loading speed
- Cross browser compatibility
If you’re a fan of flat design, consider using ShiftCV theme. This personal website WordPress theme includes a dark and a light version with colorful tabs to showcase different sections of your resume.
You can include basic information about you, add colorful widgets to showcase your skills, and use the working contact form and a Google Map to show your physical location.
The WordPress theme can easily be turned into a blog without the resume features or you can use both to maximize your chances of being discovered online. You can customize the accent colors and access other customization settings via the theme options panel.
Glitch is a modern theme with a professional, clean and minimal look. It’s also a highly flexible theme since it can function as a single or multi-page site, as a CV, a resume, or a portfolio. Naturally, various professionals need to represent themselves differently, and Glitch accommodates those needs. Although it was specifically created for developers, designers, freelancers, and artists, it can also work for any number of other professions.
I also have to mention the fantastic reviews this theme is been receiving so far. No wonder it has a 4.93-star rating!
“Highly-customizable and regularly updated theme. The customer support is outstanding and they really go out of the way to help you.”
“5 starts for several things: web design quality, possibilities and flexibility, and most of all, customer support. I highly recommend both the theme specifically and the author (beshleyua) in general! I’m very picky with this kind of stuff and am very detail minded, but I can safely say that I chose very wisely with the Glitche CV/Resume theme.”
“Wonderful and clean theme with fast and excelent support. I used to test lots of themes but this is the best yet. Thank you!”
Leven is another excellent resume theme contender! It’s a great WordPress resume choice for those wanting to promote themselves, their skills, experiences, or services. And, it’s easy to set up and use which means you can quickly create any pages, portfolio projects, or blogs post without coding anything.
One of the reasons Leven is a wonderful WordPress resume theme - and the thing that makes it a wonderful tool for self-promotion - are the numerous features it includes:
- Fully responsive
- Drag and drop page builder
- Advance Resume
- Pricing and certification sections
- Transitions and animations
- Portfolio filters
If you want a unique theme with plenty of customization options, look no further than BookCard WP. This theme looks like a tri-fold brochure, with a cover page and three inner pages that house all the important information that would normally go on a resume.
You can include a timeline, testimonials, portfolio, contact information, skills, education, and it even has a button to include a downloadable version. The theme offers fifty predefined styles, a powerful theme options panel, Google Fonts support, and custom shortcodes.
Prestige is a minimal and colorful portfolio resume WordPress theme based on different color menu tabs which are used to display content of the pages. The theme contains a blog with comments, a working contact form, a slider, built-in gallery lightbox with video support, latest tweets, and plenty of social icons to choose from. The theme is also fully customizable to create your own CV site with unique style.
Divergent is a one page personal vCard Resume WordPress theme. It can be used for a personal portfolio and it includes a fully responsive design and page templates. This theme support YouTube video and a slider, integration with the ECWID plugin for setting up an online store, and more. The theme options panel lets you customize every aspect of the website and includes plenty of shortcodes and more than 500 icons to add extra visual appeal to your online resume.
16. Niko - Resume/CV
Niko is a quality premium WordPress resume theme that sports a variety of elegant looks. Niko also features a large selection of important sections such as skills, education, experience, services, pricing table, and many more. Those will definitely come in handy for anyone looking for a well-designed, well-supported WordPress resume theme.
Pillar is a beautiful multipurpose WordPress resume theme that includes several predefined layouts and over 150 predefined content blocks that allow you to easily change the pages via the Visual Composer plugin.
You can also take advantage of more than 2,000 custom icons to highlight different sections of your personal resume site. Eight unique header layouts, four different footer styles, and complete design control are included in Pillar allowing you to create a stunning online resume.
cvCard WP is a clean and minimal WordPress theme with a sliding horizontal layout. The theme offers several predefined styles which give you a nice starting point in your site design.
On top of including your portfolio, skills, education, and biography information, the theme also includes a working AJAX contact form as well as a blog page. The theme settings page allow you to customize styles, fonts, social icons, and much more.
You can get your resume website made quickly with a simple, minimal style using this great WordPress resume theme.
Bionick is a fully responsive, professional, and multipurpose personal WordPress theme. It’s built on top of the Visual Composer plugin to make creating custom layouts and modifying existing ones easy. The theme includes four pre-made homepage demos which are easy to install with the one-click demo import feature.
The portfolio has three different layouts available to present your past work in style. It also has plenty of customization options make this theme a great choice for designers, photographers, and others who want a truly unique personal resume website.
If you’re looking for a simple WordPress resume, one that’s straightforward without many distractions and one that gets to the point quickly, then you must checkout Prorez.
It functions perfectly, and includes many wonderful features of a typical premium theme, such as Ajax loading, Elementor, and responsive design. It’s a reliable resume theme that’s neither over the top nor obnoxious.
Bako features bold color options alongside a quite minimal design. And, it will surely catch the eye of potential employers thanks to its beautiful look and feel. It’s a highly customizable WordPress resume theme that was built with the Elementor Page Builder and Live Customizer. This means creating your resume websites is going to be simple and easy.
The Bako theme includes a responsive, retina-ready design with the ability to import the demo content as well as numerous customization options.
This is a clean, elegant personal resume/cv WordPress theme. It you need to stand out professionally, and get a modern resume site online quickly, this is a great theme to work with. It’s fully responsive and comes with a Visual Composer so you can easily customize it to suit your needs. It’s made to adjust to your speciality.
This is a powerful, personal resume template based on the Bootstrap 4 framework. It has a stylish and quite unique WordPress theme design, with a host of page variants, and is made to customize fast. Add your work history, portfolio pieces, resume, and testimonials—so you stand out right away.
Rezo features a stunning one-page design with smooth scrolling, animations, and transitions. It’s packed with a gorgeous modern and bold design - and, not to mention, many great features.
You can use Rezo in a dark or light color theme, and you can choose one of five page designs depending on your resume or portfolio needs. Razo is multipurpose since it can be used as a portfolio, a resume, a CV, or a vCard. Some of its many wonderful features include:
- Fullscreen Blog Layout
- Grid Photo Gallery and Masonry Photo Gallery
- SEO optimized code
- Responsive & Retina Ready
- RTL support
- HTML5 & CSS3 Valid Code
How to Create a Successful Personal Resume Website
A successful resume website will work in conjunction with your standard resume or CV to provide additional information about your education, work history, and past projects.
You can learn all about how to make a great personal resume website. Jump into our multipart series on: How to Make a Great Personal Resume Website (Ultimate Guide), or begin with one of these helpful articles:
- ResumesWhat Should You Include on Your Personal Resume (CV) Website?Brenda Barron
- Resumes10 Resume Website Mistakes to Avoid on Your Personal SiteBrenda Barron
6 Quick Tips: To Make a Better Personal Resume Website
Here are a few tips on creating a resume site that’s guaranteed to get you noticed:
- Include your real resume as a downloadable PDF file to facilitate the hiring process. Consider themes like BookCard or Promotion that have this functionality right out of the box.
- Consider a one-page theme to condense all the important information on one page and make the recruiter’s process easier. Themes such as Ukko, Rida or Divergent are great choices.
- Don’t include personal social media profiles that you use to stay in touch with friends and family. Consider creating separate social media profiles where you will share your industry knowledge. A theme like Sam Martin which includes styled social media icons can facilitate adding your social profiles.
- Stick to essential information and avoiding padding your website with irrelevant information.
- Get a professional headshot for your website instead of using a blurry photo. A video is also a great way to introduce yourself which is where a theme like Identity really shines.
- Include your new website into the designated website section on social media and consider creating a new email signature to help you spread the word about it.
Here are additional personal resume website ideas to help you stand out professionally:
Design a Personal Resume Site That Makes a Good Impression
A good resume website will evolve with you and your career. Unlike a standard resume, which you can no longer modify after submitting it, your website is easy to update as your skills and your experience grows.
Get a head start on your personal resume website with one of our high-quality WordPress Resume themes. Also, if you’re on a budget, you can still get a premium website design with one of our free WordPress themes.
Editorial Note: Our staff updates this post regularly—adding new WordPress resume website themes with the best, trending designs.
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post